Remote.com, formerly Outsource.com, is a job board for remote work across many different industries. There is a free membership option, but in order to contact employers yourself you’ll have to drop money on one of their premium memberships.
Membership levels are Free, Pro ($19/ month), and Expert ($49/ month). For details visit here.
Remote workers looking for a serious commitments to long term contracts.
How To Use It
The free membership is a simple process of completing a profile, which adds you to the database of workers and allows employers to contact you via email.
Paid memberships allow you to search the job listings and contact employers, though the number of employers you can contact depends on your membership level. With this option, you also get the recruiting emails for applications (which are free to apply for). In many cases, the applications take you to the company website, and while it does not count toward your credits, it does not appear you get any advantage over other applicants because you’re a Remote.com member. These applications go through a “normal” application process often involving HR and interviews, etc.
Competition is fierce. Count on sending out a lot of applications.
One important note: Your membership fee is free in some cases if you book a job and are paid through Remote.com.
- You can find longer-term contracts here.
- Payment is more realistic in terms of what you’re worth vs. what you make on a freelancer marketplace or paid site. There are high-quality opportunities
- You have to pay to be able to search and apply. The free option only makes you eligible to be recruited.
- For the pay option, it’s similar to any other aggregator in the fact that there is a lot of applying/not much payoff.
- If your looking for flexibility in scheduling might not be for you – these are by and large serious jobs.
Things To Know
- Take the time to set up a complete profile with reviews, etc. in order to become more attractive to clients.
- One Playground member recommends ditching the paid memberships and applying for the jobs that you are recruited for in the background while earning through other means. There’s a chance something will come through, and if it does then it could be a longer term contract/position carries you for a while.
Have you found work with Remote.com? Rate it below!