Spoken English Practice pairs students from all around the world with an English tutor for conversation classes. If they accept you just mark time slots in your schedule and chat with students for 30 minute sessions.
Pay is $5/ 30 minutes, which comes out to $10/hr.
English teachers who want extra cash. SpokenEnglishPractice requires that applicants have English teaching or tutoring experience. You have a set schedule each week, so the tutor must have access to reliable WiFi. An interest in cross cultural experiences and an energetic, talkative personality are necessary.
How To Use It
The company asks that its teachers be native English speakers, and there is preference for ESL/TEFL certified teachers, or teachers that already have ESL/TEFL teaching experience. Application is a short form followed by a phone interview. If accepted you are given students almost immediately. Students are from all over the world, so you must be understanding and flexible with time zones. One student averages three 30 minute classes a week. The tutor is responsible for a time sheet, and tracking which session the student is on (the students buy lessons in packages). Pay is once a month via Paypal.
- Pay is timely and accurate.
- Responsive, laid back, and accessible support team.
- Easy money. 30 minute conversations are short.
- Meet people and discuss cultures from all over the world.
- Set schedule.
- There are higher paying websites for professional English teachers.
Things To Know:
- There is a little wiggle room for cancellations, but it is not encouraged. As you meet your students and become more comfortable with them, you can arrange to rearrange on your own, but communication is absolutely key.
- The company arranges everything using EST. It is important to understand your timezone in relation to EST, and also be familiar with the student’s timezone.
- When hired they send information packets. It is helpful to familiarize yourself with them.
- Overall, for quick and easy money, and good experience conducting conversation English classes, SpokenEnglishPractice is perfect.
Have experience with Spoken English Practice? Rate it below!