Top Team Transcripts is a boutique transcription service run by two Australians with an international team that serves Australian businesses. In addition to its transcription services Top Team Transcripts also produces courses for new transcribers.
Pay is per minute of audio transcribed, and the rate varies depending on the type of audio/transcript required. The majority of work is 2 speaker verbatim-style transcription. For this sort of work, a typist with a 1:3 ratio (1 hr audio transcribed in 3 hours) earns AUD$38/hr as a base rate for clear audio.
Requirements for applying to Top Team Transcripts are:
- Ability to transcribe a minimum of 60 minutes of audio within 24 hours.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow instructions.
- Be reliably available for one day a week (unless prior notice given).
- Have the necessary equipment (foot pedal, headphones, audio playback app, like ExpressScribe or similar, and Microsoft Word).
- Applicants would need at least one year’s experience and preferably experience transcribing verbatim audio.
- There is a transcription test and successful applicants will be taken on for a probationary period with mentoring and full edits of their work.